Monday, October 13, 2008

ZERO...

Today I have finally realised the full impact of the current economic. It is not uncommon that those realisations on an emotional level, as oppose to intellectual, happen when you or someone close to you takes a hit. I got a call from a close friend and loyal supporter of my work from Europe who told me he has gone bankrupt. From $40 million net in his own money and a well-to-do company to pretty much ZERO. He was sitting in a bar, drinking. He is also divorcing his wife so will be spending a night ina hotel. When i said i will call him tomorrow he said he is not sure if there will be a tomorrow for him. And I don't think he was exaggerating all that much and that scared me.
He is an extremely intelligent man who knows more about classical music and especially violinists, it's his thing, than anyone I know. But he doesn't love his wife and never had any goal, let alone a cause, other than making money. Not in order to buy expensive watches, he is not into it, but market has become his life. And you can't, you just can't give your life to that.

No comments: