Friday, May 02, 2008

Media. Love/hate (cliche)

I've now had time to read up on some of the things that have been published in the press and on the net on our play situation. I am very thankful to all who supported us and who gave us platform to speak, because there was absolutely every need for us to react to what happened.
I am at the same time very sad that some government pleasers painted me as some celeb wannabe, implying that that's why i chose this subject matter to begin with. Suggesting i knew there will be scandal. Firstly, there are many much easier ways to become famous these days. Just go party and bed hopping with the right people, show a little boob and you're set. I lived and breathed this topic for a long time and always had the blessing of the victims and their families. My heart bled all over it. My commitment to the families is absolute. Right now I am trying to find sponsors to keep their organisation (Nord Ost) going, as all the old ones have left them in the cold.
I wanted resonance for this play but NOT of this kind. Man, you never can get used to human pale bitterness.

No comments: